Consultancy and Project Management Service
Thrussells have over 25 years of delivering successful public art projects for local government, art organisations and businesses.
Thomas Thrussell can offer practical and proven delivery of public art projects and programs, whether you require early stage guidance on how to approach and plan the delivery of public art in the community. Thomas can provide consultancy service and project management of a public art program and delivery working with artists, stockholders, community leaders and schools.
Thomas can either help guide the engagement and commissioning process or plan out the public art project delivery program and phases.
Thomas has a over 18 years experience delivering public art projects, he brings practical experience in the public art realm with an education in manufacturing, business management, marketing, training and health and safety.
Thomas takes an active role in public art delivery and community development and local government,
acting as Bodmin Community Association Trustee and Treasurer and Parish Councillor for St Neot Parish Council Cornwall which includes sitting on the council planning and finance committees and representing the council in the South East Cornwall district network panel.
Contact Thomas to discuss your project Contact
Commissioning Thrussells to create Community Public Art
Example of Thrussells public art project delivery process
- Project proposal – to create a vision for delivering a entire project from commissioning to installation.
- Community engagement – presentations of working concept design, meeting with community groups to gather feedback on what the local community wish to envisage and what heritage and culture they would like to draw pride from. We provide design workshops, practical copper beating workshops and presentations.
- Design development – developing working concept to present to stakeholders for review. Developing a design that suit location, community, planning, health and safety, durability and maintenance requirements.
- Technical planning and negotiating with stakeholders – understanding site limitations and requirements of all stakeholders and building relationships with the design and construction teams. Working with designers / architects, council planners, construction and surveying professionals to bring a project to realty.
- Fabrication – As trained metal fabricators and engineers we provide and can over see all aspects of creating our artwork. Either from our workshop here on Bodmin Moor or if required working with professional fabrication suppliers and engineers across the South West.
- Installation – With installation we provide risk assessments, installation method statements and maintenance schedules to cover all aspects of installation and ongoing maintenance. We can carryout the installation of a sculpture ourselves and or can assist with installation.
Contact Thomas to discuss your project or commission Contact